Performance Plus Physio is an ACC accredited practice which provides physiotherapy on-site at UniRec for community members, students and University of Waikato staff. Meet our expert team on-site at UniRec.
Performance Plus Physio offers a vast range of services, including:
- Sports Injury Treatment
- Back, Neck & Spinal Treatment
- Myofascial / Soft Tissue Treatment
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Soft Tissue Injury Treatment
- Posture Correction & Muscle Rebalancing
- Movement competency screening
- Manual & Manipulative Therapy
- Biomechanical Assessments
- Osteoarthritis & Arthritic Joint Management
- Self-Management Advice
- Braces & Orthotics
- Kineso taping
Tomas Galdames, Physiotherapist, CASR, COMPT
Tomas has 7 years' experience as a physio, after graduating in 2012 with a Bachelor in Physiotherapy from Chile. He has further progressed his studies and completed several courses to specialize in rehabilitation, which includes completing the Certificate in Advance Sports Rehabilitation and the Certificate in Orthopedic Manual Therapy in Australia in 2014.
Tomas has a strong background as a Physiotherapist for Chile’s national rugby teams, including the XV’s, 7’s and Under 20’s, participating in Americas Rugby Championship, U20’s World Rugby Trophy, World Rugby Sevens Series and with different sports athletes in numerous disciplines. His passion for sports and rugby drove him to move to NZ with his family in 2018.
Tomas enjoys playing several sports such as rugby, where he achieved nominations for the Chile’s U18 and U20 national teams. Tomas also enjoys boxing and gliding, having earned his pilots license in 2018. You can find Tomas working at our main clinic in Fairfield, at Unirec, with the 1st XV rugby team at St Pauls and alongside our other physio for varsity rugby.
Note: Performance Plus Physio offers the $15.00 fee as a special reduced rate for all approved ACC claims. Private fees apply if not under ACC. A small fee will apply for any materials used.
- $15 - University of Waikato Students and UniRec Members/Staff
- $10 - University of Waikato Hillary Scholars
- $70 - Private (All Patients)
- $28 (initial consult), $25 (follow-up consult) - General Public (seen on-site at UniRec)
For all bookings, CALL THE MAIN CLINIC AT FIVE CROSS ROADS - 07 855 1788 (Please specify that you wish to book at the UniRec clinic)